Last Updated: March 6, 2023
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Disclosing Information
- Advertising and Analytics
- Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
- Your Choices
- Additional Disclosures for Individuals in Europe
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information about you that we collect may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, payment information a form of identification, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Services, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product and/or service details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Audio and Video Recordings and Photos: We capture photographs and video recordings in our facilities and in our shipping vehicles or vehicles of our logistics and shipping partners for security, safety and loss prevention purposes.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those who perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your interactions with the Services. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information from identity verification services, advertising networks and data analytics providers. Additionally, if you create or log into your Nusano account through a third-party platform (such as Facebook or Google), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your approximate location based on your IP address
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to administer your account. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, improve, and develop new products and services, including to debug and repair errors in our Services;
- Personalize your experience with us;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages and other transactional or relationship messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Nusano and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Personalize the advertisements you see when you use our Services based on information provided by our advertising partners;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of Nusano and others;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Create de-identified, anonymized or aggregated information; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We disclose personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We disclose personal information to vendors, service providers, contractors and consultants that access personal information to perform work for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, fraud prevention, and customer service.
- If you provide a product review or otherwise share content on our Services, we disclose this information publicly and to other users of our Services.
- If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services, such as sharing your location through our Google Maps integration, we may disclose certain information with the integration partners.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Nusano, our users, the public, or others.
- We disclose personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may disclose personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is disclosed between and among Nusano and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We disclose personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also disclose aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Nusano is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. Where required by law, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data in accordance with applicable law.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time through your profile settings.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving text messages or promotional emails from Nusano by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your Privacy Rights
Certain states afford consumers rights with respect to their personal information. For example, if you are a resident of California, this section applies to you.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Nusano may collect the following categories of personal information:
Categories of Personal Information
Examples of Personal Information Collected
Real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, telephone number
Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
Age, race/ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status
Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website or application.
Professional or employment-related information.
Name of employer, job title
Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Approximate location inferred from IP address
We collect the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from products or services you purchase, or when you communicate with us about our ongoing business relationship.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or mobile app, from information your computer or mobile device transmits when interacting with our website or mobile applications, email sent to your inbox from us, or interactions with is in social media.
- Third parties. For example, third party partners may give us information about you.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect from you or about you as identified above in the Use of Information section above.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
Nusano has discloses the following categories of personal information to the following categories of recipients:
Categories of Personal Information
Categories of Recipients
Cloud service providers, third party logistics companies, customer service providers, credit reporting agencies, fraud prevention companies, marketing companies, analytics companies, events-related providers
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
Cloud service providers, customer service providers, events-related providers, events-related providers
Cloud service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, and customer management providers, fraud prevention companies, marketing companies, analytics companies, events-related providers
Internet or other electronic network activity information
Cloud service providers, data analytics providers, cloud service providers, operating systems and platforms, and customer management providers, marketing companies, fraud prevention companies
Cloud service providers, customer service, cloud service
Audio, electronic or visual information
Cloud Service Providers, fraud prevention companies, customer service providers
Cloud service providers, data analytics providers, marketing companies, customer service providers
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve months, Nusano has not engaged in any sales of personal information.
Retention of Personal Information
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell, and to access your information, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) request correction of your personal information, (4) limit processing of sensitive personal information, and (5) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products and services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of marketing communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive marketing communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests
Please see the Your Privacy Rights and Choices section above for more information about your privacy rights and how to exercise them. In addition, you may have the right to object to certain processing or request we restrict certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please submit a request to us by emailing us at privacy@Nusano.com.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html