Terms of Service
NUSANO, INC. TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Updated: March 6, 2023
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to your access to and use of the website located at www.nusano.com and all associated web pages, websites, and social media pages (the “Site”) provided by Nusano, Inc. (“Nusano”, “we”, “our” or “us”), and online services (including the Site, together the “Services”).
1. Accepting these Terms
If you access or use the Site, it means you agree to be bound by all of the terms below. Please read all of the terms before you use the Site. If you do not agree to all of the terms below, you may not use the Site.
2. Changes to these Terms
We encourage you to review the Terms regularly to know about our practices. We may change these Terms from time to time. The “Last Updated” date above indicates when these Terms were last changed. If we make future changes, we may provide you with notice of such changes, such as by sending an email, providing a notice through our Services, or updating the date at the top of these Terms. Unless we say otherwise in our notice, the amended Terms will be effective immediately, and your continued use of our Services after we provide such notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must immediately stop using our Services.
3. Your Information
You may provide certain information to Nusano in connection with your access or use of our Services, or we may otherwise collect certain information about you when you access or use our Services. You agree to receive emails, and other types of communication from Nusano via the Services using the email address or other contact information you provide in connection with the Services, including by signing up for our subscriptions, newsletters and other marketing communications. You represent and warrant that any information that you provide to Nusano in connection with the Services is accurate.
4. Prohibited Conduct
(a) You will not use our Services other than for their intended purpose. Further, you will not, in connection with our Services:
- Violate any applicable law, contract, intellectual property right, or other third-party right or commit a tort;
- Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory, or stalking conduct;
- Use or attempt to use another user’s information without authorization from that user and Nusano;
- Impersonate or post on behalf of any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, or publicly display all or portions of our Services, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors;
- Modify our Services, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative works based upon our Services;
- Use our Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our Services or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the functioning of our Services in any manner;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of our Services or do anything that might discover or reveal source code, or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of our Services;
- Use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods designed to scrape or extract data from our Services except in accordance with instructions contained in our robot.txt file and only to compile for search results, provided that Nusano grants to the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of (and solely to the extent necessary for) creating publicly available, searchable indices of such materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Nusano reserves the right to revoke such permission either generally or in specific cases, at any time and without notice;
- Develop or use any applications or software that interact with our Services without our prior written consent;
- Send, distribute, or post spam, unsolicited or bulk commercial electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- Link to any online portion of the Services in a manner that damages or exploits, in our sole discretion, our reputation or suggests any form or association, approval, or endorsement by Nusano; or
- Use our Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage, or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
(b) Enforcement of this Section 4 is solely at Nusano’s discretion, and failure to enforce this section in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce it in other instances.
5. Ownership; Limited License
The Services, including the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations, and other content contained therein, and all intellectual property rights therein and thereto, are owned by Nusano or our licensors and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, all rights in and to the Services, including all intellectual property rights therein and thereto, are reserved by us or our licensors. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Services for your own personal, noncommercial use with respect to individuals, or for internal use with respect to business. Any use of the Services other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein and violate our intellectual property rights.
The Nusano name and our logos, product or service names, slogans, and the look and feel of the Services are trademarks of Nusano and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, and company names or logos mentioned on or in connection with the Services are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by us.
You may voluntarily post, submit, or otherwise communicate to us any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials, or other information about Nusano or our Services (collectively, “Feedback”). You understand that we may use such Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you, including to develop, copy, publish, or improve the Feedback or Services, or to improve or develop new products, services, or the Services in Nusano’s sole discretion. Nusano will exclusively own all improvements to, or new, Nusano products or Services based on any Feedback. You understand that Nusano may treat Feedback as nonconfidential.
8. Third-Party Content
- Our Services rely on or interoperate with third-party products and services, including, without limitation, data storage services, communications technologies, IoT platforms, third-party app stores, and internet and mobile operators (collectively, “Third-Party Materials”). These Third-Party Materials are beyond our control, but their operation may impact, or be impacted by, the use and reliability of our Services. You acknowledge that (a) the use and availability of the Services is dependent on third-party product vendors and service providers and (b) these Third-Party Materials may not operate reliably 100% of the time, which may impact the way that our Services operate.
- We may further provide information about or links to third-party products, services, activities, or events, or we may allow third parties to make their content and information available on or through the Services (collectively, “Third-Party Content”). We provide Third-Party Content as a service to those interested in such content. Your dealings or correspondence with third parties and your use of or interaction with any Third-Party Content are solely between you and the third party.
- We have no obligation to monitor Third-Party Materials or Third-Party Content, and we may block or disable access to any Third-Party Materials or Third-Party Content (in whole or part) through our Services at any time. Your access to and use of such Third-Party Content or Third-Party Materials may be subject to additional terms, conditions, and policies applicable to such Third-Party Content (including terms of service or privacy policies of the providers of such Third-Party Materials). You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining any computer hardware, equipment, network services and connectivity, telecommunications services, and other products and services necessary to access and use the Services.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Nusano and each of our respective officers, directors, agents, partners, and employees (individually and collectively, the “Nusano Parties”) from and against any losses, liabilities, claims, demands, damages, expenses or costs (“Claims”) arising out of or related to (a) your access to or use of the Services; (b) your Feedback; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation, misappropriation, or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights); or (e) your conduct in connection with the Services. You will promptly notify Nusano Parties of any third-party Claims, cooperate with Nusano Parties in defending such Claims, and pay all fees, costs, and expenses associated with defending such Claims (including attorneys’ fees). Nusano Parties will have control of the defense or settlement, at Nusano’s sole option, of any third-party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and Nusano or the other Nusano Parties.
Your use of our Services and any content or materials provided therein or therewith (including the Third-Party Content and Third-Party Materials) is at your sole risk. Except as otherwise provided in a writing by us and to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, our Services, and any content or materials provided therein or therewith (including the Third-Party Content and Third-Party Materials) are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Nusano disclaims all warranties with respect to the foregoing, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, Nusano does not represent or warrant that our Services or any content provided therein or therewith (including the Third-Party Content and Third-Party Materials) are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free or that access to our Services or any content provided therein or therewith (including the Third-Party Content and Third-Party Materials) will be uninterrupted. While Nusano attempts to make your use of our Services and any content provided therein or therewith (including the Third-Party Content and Third-Party Materials) safe, we cannot and do not represent or warrant that our Services or any content provided therein or therewith (including the Third-Party Content and Third-Party Materials) or our servers are free of viruses or other harmful components or content or materials. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Services and any content provided therein or therewith (including the Third-Party Content and Third-Party Materials). All disclaimers of any kind (including in this section and elsewhere in these Terms) are made for the benefit of Nusano, Nusano Parties, and Nusano’s respective shareholders, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers, and service providers, as well as their respective successors and assigns. Nusano is not providing medical services or any medical advice through the Services, and the Services are not a substitute for consulting with a healthcare provider.
11. Limitation of Liability
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) IN NO EVENT WILL NUSANO BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS, EVEN IF NUSANO OR THE OTHER NUSANO PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND (B) THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF NUSANO, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING AS A RESULT OF NUSANO’S ALLEGED NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE EXCEED ANY COMPENSATION YOU PAY, IF ANY, TO NUSANO FOR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE.
- THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 11 WILL NOT LIMIT OR EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR THE GROSS NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT OF NUSANO OR THE OTHER NUSANO PARTIES OR FOR ANY OTHER MATTERS IN WHICH LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. ADDITIONALLY, SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you release Nusano and the other Nusano Parties from responsibility, liability, claims, demands, and/or damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown (including claims of negligence), arising out of or related to disputes between users and the acts or omissions of third parties. If you are a consumer who resides in California, you hereby waive your rights under California Civil Code § 1542, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
13. Governing Law
Any Claims will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, except to the extent preempted by U.S. Federal Law, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. the state and federal courts located in the County of Los Angeles County, California, will have exclusive jurisdiction. You and Nusano waive any objection to venue in any such courts. If your local law requires that consumer contracts be interpreted subject to local law and enforced in the courts of that jurisdiction, this section may not apply to you only to the extent that local law conflicts with this section.
14. Modifying and Terminating Our Services
We reserve the right to modify our Services or to suspend or terminate providing all or part of our Services at any time; charge, modify, or waive any fees required to use the Services; or offer opportunities to some or all end users of the Services. We may provide you with notice in advance of the suspension or discontinuation of all or part of our Services, such as by sending an email or providing a notice through our Services. All modifications and additions to the Services will be governed by the Terms, unless otherwise expressly stated by Nusano in writing. You also have the right to stop using our Services at any time, and you may terminate these Terms by ceasing use of our Services. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use our Services.
If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, including but not limited to because it is found to be unconscionable, (a) the unenforceable or unlawful provision will be severed from these Terms; (b) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision will have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of these Terms; and (c) the unenforceable or unlawful provision may be revised to the extent required to render the Terms enforceable or valid, and the rights and responsibilities of the parties will be interpreted and enforced accordingly, so as to preserve the Terms and the intent of the Terms to the fullest possible extent.
16. Export Control
You are responsible for compliance with United States export controls and for any violation of such controls, including any United States embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports. You represent, warrant and covenant that you are not (a) located in, or a resident or a national of, any country subject to a U.S. government embargo or other restriction, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country; or (b) on any of the U.S. government lists of restricted end users.
- Nusano’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms reflect the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior agreements, representations, statements, and understandings of the parties. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Use of the word “including” will be interpreted to mean “including without limitation.” Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third-party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity. Communications and transactions between us may be conducted electronically.
- If you have a question or complaint regarding the Services, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by writing to 28575 Livingston Ave, Valencia, CA 91355, Attn: Privacy; or by calling us at (424) 270-9600. Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly, you should not include payment card information or other sensitive information in your email correspondence with us.